- North America – Quality resources were lost despite efforts to eliminate?poor performers? first.? The survivors are left with too many things to do and a low moral, which can lead to schedule slippage and quality problems. It is more important to balance the achievement of schedule and not burning out people. My PMs are spending more time caring for their teams and managing their resources to maintain productivity and morale.
- Europe – Making daily methodology?enforcements’ It is likely that the company will eventually only need a part-time or associate project manager.
- North America – Companies are asking employees to take on dual roles, i.e. What is the role of the PM and Director of the PMO? PM and Business Analyst, etc.
- North America – I’ve seen project management processes in North America eliminated by resource reductions, or skipped to get more done.
- Asia – Engineering teams are left to wonder where they’re going next. It is difficult to produce quality software as a consequence.
- Europe – Search for cheaper pm which results in worse control
- North America – The need for more projects and faster completions.
- Europe – I am expected do more with less money and people.
- North America – The theme of most economic downturns in North America is to do more with less. This generally means more projects than there are PMs to manage.
- Europe is willing to spend less on professional education and training in project management to reduce costs.
Water. Good project management and support systems can help to put out fires and prevent most of them. Let’s look at the comments about this focus.
- North America – Companies are looking for more qualified professionals. This translates into a PMP requirement for project managers.
- Australia – Ineffective project managers are less tolerated
- North America – North America has a stronger emphasis on project management, especially budget management. This has been true for a long time, but it is even more so today. One thing I don’t see is a decrease in the demand for experienced PMs who can manage complex enterprise projects.
- North America – I work in the US. The impact of a project can vary depending on the industry and where it is located. There are always great positions for project managers. More people are needed than ever.
Photo by peasap